As you know, most things in business (and in life) are negotiable.
For example, the “deal” that you make – selling equipment, agreeing service levels or deciding who drives home – may not based on fairness or some natural law; it comes from your skills as a negotiator.
In this business negotiation skills course we consider negotiating from a strategic perspective (getting the “best” deal today may impact what you get in the future) and focus on practical negotiating techniques leaving you with plenty of tips and techniques to try.
Who will benefit
New sales and customer facing staff, managers who purchase or sell goods and services, freelancers or consultants who are embarking on their sales journey and anyone who needs to learn the skills of negotiation.
- Understand the difference between transactional and strategic relationships – and the implications for negotiating
- Learn how to assess the other player in the negotiation and adopt an appropriate approach
- What is win-win? Balance short-term gain for long-term strategic benefit
- Gain an arsenal of negotiating tactics – and defences
- What is negotiable – expanding the parameters
- Understanding personality and the role of emotions in negotiating
- The power of active listening
- Why understanding body language is vital and how to build your own confident body posture
- Exploring needs
- Testing and summarizing
- Negotiating tactics – how to use them – and defend against them
- Reaching agreement, recording results and agreeing next steps
Discover how to build your confidence and reach your potential as a skilled negotiator.