Why use Twitter for Marketing?
You may have formed the impression that Twitter is just for celebrity gossip or teenagers showing off their latest purchase. But it is so much more than this. It can help you build brand awareness and introduce new products to customers you couldn’t otherwise reach. It helps you find thought leaders and connect with influencers who might ‘ReTweet’ you.
If you want to develop your credibility as an expert, it is such a great platform. You can use it for online PR as well as driving traffic to your website. With a powerful search engine, people can find you easily too.
And perhaps most interesting of all – it is a platform to develop relationships! This might sound strange in just 140 characters – but many business people now testify to having ‘met on Twitter’. Don’t forget, people do business with people – and Tweeting can be a relaxed, gentle, undemanding way to gradually develop relationships and observe how people behave online – before you commit to the £££ deal!
So if you want to stay ahead – join others who are learning how to make Twitter one of their most powerful marketing tools.
And to make a day of it…don’t forget to check out our optional afternoon session – LinkedIn for Business.
Who will benefit?
Business owners, managers and administrative staff, marketing staff, personnel involved with external communications, sales / business development staff, web and online managers who want to understand more about social media marketing techniques.
- What do you want from Twitter – clarifying goals
- How Twitter fits in to your marketing communications efforts
- Why does Twitter work for business marketing?
- Creating a business profile
- How it works – the basics
- Etiquette on Twitter (mentions, retweets, hashtags, replies, favourites)
- Who to follow and finding influencers
- Lists, public and private
- Building a following, tools, share and follow buttons
- Understanding the ‘search’ function and how to use #
- Your voice and tweeting style
- Engaging with your audience – what to post
- Not just PR and Selling – getting the balance right
- Direct communications with followers
- Time saving tools (3rd party applications)
- Scheduling and linking with other platforms
- Brand building
- Driving visitors to your website or blog
- Styling / design of profile pages
- Using photos / video
- How to generate leads from Twitter
- Promotion and sponsorship tools
- Analysing results / insights