About the programme
This hands-on course explains how to use the online SurveyMonkey research tool and gives useful insights into some key aspects of surveying research methodology and questionnaire design. It is applied training, so delegates will have online access throughout the training to practice the techniques they are learning.
SurveyMonkey continues to update ALL of its functionality, adding great new features to save you time and help you get better results from your survey. So this course is also a useful refresher for those who taught themselves or used the software a while ago.
You may have created surveys but not yet discovered how to analyse the results. Or perhaps you were disappointed by the output and wished you had asked different questions. If you’ve felt frustrated by the process of sending email links and reminders, perhaps you haven’t yet discovered the benefits of the email collector tool.
The questions our delegates get answered on the course include:
- how do I write better, more meaningful questions?
- which ‘question type’ will give me clearer, more actionable results?
- how do I encourage people to finish the survey?
- what is the best way to make the survey more attractive and less daunting?
- can I add images /videos or link to external documentation?
- how do I route different people to alternative questions within the same survey?
- can I remind people to do my survey? Can this be automated?
- how do I get more responses? Which is the most efficient way to do it?
- what should I do to make the charts/tables more useful and meaningful?
- is there a way to analyse and compare responses from different groups side by side?
- how do I produce attractive reports?
This course is suitable for beginners as well as those with some experience, however, we do recommend that you set up an account and attempt to build a simple survey from scratch before the course.
Who will benefit
Anyone who is new to or has limited experience in using SurveyMonkey or designing online surveys. Marketing staff, new marketers, administration staff.
SurveyMonkey Course Key Content
Our SurveyMonkey training course will teach you how to:
- design a survey which meets project objectives
- structure a questionnaire, write suitable questions
- create a survey from scratch using a range of question types
- use skip logic (routing) and carry forward features
- reduce bias, use randomisation
- format the look and feel of your survey for online and print versions
- use ‘preview and score’ to assess the quality of your survey
- use the comment function to review surveys between colleagues
- collect responses using SurveyMonkey’s collector tools (email, address books, web, social media)
- write suitable survey invitations and schedule reminder to help improve response rates
- analyse your results ‘question by question’ and create meaningful charts
- browse and search individual responses
- export your results in various report formats
- use the ‘filter’ and ‘compare’ (cross-tab) functions to analyse your data with reports/charts
- analyse your results and build management reports in various formats including Excel and PowerPoint
- share results of the survey online with stakeholders
- use ‘present results’ and the new dashboard features to present your findings in a compelling, interesting way