About the programme
True strategic marketing shapes the future of a business. It is so much more than a funky brand or a cool looking website. So in this one-day course, you’ll discover tools to help you understand strategy and improve your competitive advantage. You’ll also learn the principles of how to build a business plan. Discover how to plan your marketing attack and master your marketing plan.
Do you really know the top five trends that could impact your business or how to analyse your market? Perhaps you need to determine your business goals and priorities? Or indeed, you may know where you want to go, but don’t know how to marshal activities and resources to get you there?
This course is designed to set you on the right track to understand the role of strategic marketing. As a result, you’ll get the insight, focus and capability to improve the quality of your decision-making to build a coherent business plan. Envoca offer outstanding training based on years of corporate experience.
This course gives you the space to think ahead, set direction, allocate budgets and prioritise your marketing activities. Most of all, you’ll be able to plot your path in a practical, fun and lively way.
Whilst you don’t have to be in charge of strategy, you need to have a hunger to explore. Suitable for junior marketing staff who want to know more about strategic marketing, business owners, marketing managers, business development managers and those responsible for setting the direction of the business will benefit greatly from this Envoca marketing training module. Also suitable for entrepreneurs, sector, category, product, sales or business managers who take a role in setting the strategy a strategic business plan.
Goals, ambitions and setting the direction
- Clarifying vision, mission, strategic direction, purpose and values
- Information and frameworks needed for good market analysis
Where are you now? Current performance
- Auditing your current situation in terms of product / service portfolio
- Marketplace trends which could impact your business
- Strategic segmentation, target market analysis and opportunities
- Customer dynamics, role of research and insight
- What is sustainable competitive advantage and can you achieve it?
- Understand the competitive nature of your markets
- How do your business capabilities match market growth opportunities?
- Strategic growth models, assessing options
- Planning your attack or how are you going to get there? Strategic choices
- Defining key marketing objectives and reviewing ways to grow
- Setting realistic targets, KPIs. Using Balanced Scorecard
- How do you position your offering and create a strategic value proposition?
How are you going to get there? Implementing Your Marketing Strategy
- Setting realistic action plans, campaigns, budgets and evaluating the effectiveness of the marketing activity
- Sequencing and resource planning
- Structuring a business / marketing plan
How do you know if you are on track – measuring performance
- Measurement and controls
- Contingencies and reporting
- Evaluation and performance