LinkedIn is not just another Social Media playground. It is a serious way for professionals to meet, learn from and support one another, therefore being a great tool for lead generation and business development. LinkedIn literacy is taught over a half day workshop designed for newcomers who want to make more of this valuable tool but don’t yet know how.
If you think it is only a place to hold an online CV or find a job – think again. This powerful tool has so much functionality and it can really help with your customer relationship management. Now that it has been taken over by Microsoft – just watch this space!
This afternoon course is ideally matched with the Twitter for Business course which runs in the afternoon. Discover how to build your business networks with these two key social media tools.
Who will benefit?
Marketing managers who want to increase their reach, Professional Service staff who want to meet like-minded professionals and potential referrers, business owners, managers, business development and sales staff who understand the power of online connectedness.
And to make a day of it…don’t forget to check out the optional afternoon session – Twitter for Business
LinkedIn: Key content
Why bother with LinkedIn?
• Facts and figures
• What do you want to achieve?
• Basic premise: listen, engage but don’t sell. Authenticity
• Getting your LInkedIn profile to ‘All Star’
• What to say on your profile, how to grab attention
• Optimise your profile for search
• Give and get endorsements and recommendations
Engaging your followers
• Content strategy and the role of SEO
• Post relevant engaging updates
• Use images and video to good effect
• The role content search and newsfeeds
Company vs individual profile
• Company pages and business profile
• Build your network, strategies to gain company referrals
• Use LinkedIn for posting jobs
Advertising and sponsoring posts on LinkedIn
• Company sponsored posts
• Adverts and selecting target audiences