How to write compelling, charming copy that inspires action
Copywriting – creating enticing, attractive copy that hooks the reader in is only half the battle.
You also need to think about:
– the medium
– the message
– the mode of delivery.
Just think about how people flick through screens on a mobile phone!
And then you need to think about how to engage your audience. What information are they looking for and what is the best format?
This half-day course is designed to give delegates confidence in writing by providing top techniques for copywriting. This is a practical, hands-on workshop where delegates are encouraged to bring their own work for development and review. It is ideally suited to be matched with the afternoon session ‘Writing for online media and search engines – How to help visitors find what they are looking for, get seen by Google AND noticed on any device!
Who will benefit?
Those who create, manage or update marketing messages and materials. This includes online content and social media posts.
By the end of this morning’s course you will be able to:
- write with increased confidence and passion
- structure your copy for impact and narrative
- clarify your message
- edit and proof your work
- avoid common copywriting pitfalls.
DON’T FORGET YOU CAN ALSO BOOK THE FOLLOW-ON AFTERNOON COURSE ‘‘Writing for online media and search engines – How to help visitors find what they are looking for, get seen by Google AND noticed on any device!
Copywriting Course Key Content
- Different types of online copy – role and purpose
- Who is the reader? How can I build relationship?
- What does the audience need?
- What makes ‘power-content’
- What’s my big idea? What are the key points?
- Getting creative
- Why is tone of voice important? Best style and tone for the piece.
- How to write compelling titles and sub-titles
- The killer opening statements
- Body copy, structure and progression
- Structuring content for impact
- How to generate action from your copy
- Captions and pull quotes
- Editing and plain English